Saturday, January 2, 2010

CRUCIBLE 2010 ! MINNESOTA TOUGH :)





A few brave Minnesotans out in the bitter cold at 7 am sharp. Completing the 2010 Crucible 1/2/2010 MINNESOTA.


Yes, it's-15 , -29 wind-chill, if you need to know.


1 foot of snow at least was on the ground. Just getting light enough to see your kettlebells to trek through the piles of snow and ice layered street is a lonely soccer field with a few foot paths barely etched in the snow.


Quietly we started swinging 20 , clean, then one step, to six military presses, again repeat, 100 yrds to the finish.


This was something different for me, keeping balance and fighting the snow was a challenge.


My hands were starting to get warmed by the heat of my hand warmers, yet my fingers were struggling to keep circulation going. I pressed on.


Never underestimate the power of polar fleece, I had 3 layers of it plus my long underwear. I was starting to sweat, I pulled my gator down and started to breathe in the icy air. It was rather refreshing, after all I am a huntress,, I have done this trek before in -25 with a rifle in tow.


Everyone continued on till the end.


Ice formed eye lashes and brows, smiley faces and elated attitudes. You're a TOUGH bunch of people, I was honored to start my year out with you!