Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tribute to Matt Stankiewicz

A friend of mine died today. He was the one that introduced me to training at the gym. We hardly miss a day. I found a new dedication with him.
One day as he was teaching me how to use a machines, of all things, I looked up at him smiling. He said wipe that smile off your face, this is serious business. I told him I couldn't have fun doing it, I wasn't coming.
Some people take their anger out in the training, like him, most people stayed out of his way in the weight room. I think the juice he had didn't agree with him.lol
I was there to release the stress of the day. I soon found that I got high half way through the work out and it was adictive. It was like dope,,, He couldnt get thru to me after as I checked out to enjoy the ride.
He would have to pull over as we were coming out of the gym to puke, I have now found that at times with my training. Then he would say,, Wanna go to Applebees ? There went that workout!
I would like to think our paths crossed for a reason. I was injured from a car accident and needed to build the muscle around my neck, he was there to show me the way.
I also certified because of my love of strength training, It has helped me in my personal and business life to power through.

Matt was very proud of me, although his life was much different from mine.

I will miss you Matthew, try to be good,, I hope there is a bench and free weights in heaven.


Love, Roxanne